Policy & Advocacy
- Increase the participation rate of eligible people in all nutrition assistance programs.
- Increase the adequacy of benefits provided by federal nutrition assistance programs.
- Expand the eligibility criteria for the federal nutrition assistance programs so that the programs may reach more people in need.
- Increase access to federal nutrition assistance programs.
- Streamline and simplify federal nutrition assistance program administration.
- Improve the quality of meals served through the federal nutrition assistance programs.
- Increase funding for federal nutrition assistance programs, including state and federal emergency food programs, to meet the needs of hungry New Yorkers.
While charitable and voluntary contributions to this effort are very important, we believe that it is a governmental responsibility to ensure that all New Yorkers are able to secure adequate food and nutrition.
Latest Policy and Advocacy News
Urge Congress to Maintain Critical Child Nutrition Provisions in the Build Back Better Act
USDA Withdraws Proposed Rule on Categorical Eligibility in SNAP
Stay up to date
Get the latest news, action alerts, press releases, and hunger research delivered to your inbox.