Summer Meals NY
When School’s Out, Power Up for Summer Fun!
Summer meals are free, healthy meals for kids and teens served at favorite summertime places when the school year is over. Anyone ages 18 and under can come when breakfast, lunch, and/or snacks are served. There is no sign-up or paperwork, and adults are welcome to bring their own meals and eat with their kids. Many places that offer summer meals also have fun, enriching activities, too! See below for more information.
Help bring new sites to your community!
Use the USDA Capacity Builder map to:
Find summer meals sites from current and previous summers
Check site eligibility of a specific location
Locate potential community partners
Identify local community resources
To use the map:
- Click “Find address or place” in the search bar at the top of the map
- Enter an address, city, county, state, and/or zip code
- Click on the “Layers” buttons:
- To find sites, click “Summer_Meals_Sites” for the relevant year(s).
- To determine nearby eligible areas, click “FY18 FNS CACFP SFSP Eligibility.” More locations may be eligible based on nearby school data; contact us to learn more.
- To find community resources and partners, click “Libraries,” “Museums,” “School Districts,” and any other locations of interest.
- Click on any layering icon for more information
Summer Meals Success in 2018!
We want to thank all 373 summer meals sponsoring organizations, and 3,097 sites that worked with community partners help ensure that kids and teens have access to healthy nutrition and prevent the summer learning slide. We give special thanks to the 38 sponsors and 661 sites that planned to serve meals through the end of August.