Get Food Help
If you or your family have been affected by the Coronavirus outbreak, you may be eligible for programs that help you buy food.
You can apply for and use programs like SNAP and WIC while keeping a safe distance from other people. We can help you learn more and apply. All of our services are free and confidential.
Help with SNAP
SNAP helps New Yorkers buy food. SNAP provides monthly benefits to spend at local grocery stores. You can apply for SNAP at MyBenefits.ny.gov or get more help below.
- Everything you need to do to apply for and receive benefits can be done by phone or online—no need to visit a local social service office.
- Use SNAP to purchase food at local grocery stores.
- Shop for food online using SNAP benefits and have groceries delivered or picked up.
- Amazon.com—available statewide
- Walmart and ShopRite—available in some zip codes (see their websites)
We can help you apply for SNAP.
Help with WIC
WIC supports moms, moms-to-be, and kids under 5 with healthy food, breastfeeding support, nutrition advice, and referrals to other helpful services. Dads, grandparents, and other caregivers can apply for children in their care.
During this time, many NYS WIC offices are still able to help you by phone and in-person appointments are limited. We can help you apply for WIC.