Parents & Families
Who is eligible for summer meals?
- Kids and teens age 18 and under
- Young adults older than 18 who are in a school program for students with physical or mental disabilities
Is there paperwork?
No! Any child or teen at a site during meal or snack time eats for free.
Can I eat with my child?
Yes! Adults can bring their own meals and eat with their child.
Who pays for summer meals?
- Summer meals are free to children
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the New York State Education Department (NYSED) bring meals to communities across the state
- All meal locations are approved for health and safety
What kind of food might kids and teens eat?
All meals and snacks served meet USDA federal nutrition guidelines.
SFSP Meal Pattern is taken from the New York State Education Department Summer Food Service Program Fact Sheet, which can be found here.
Kids and teens need healthy food year round.
See what other programs are available to support families all year long.