Get to know Hunger Solutions New York:
Hunger Solutions New York, Inc., incorporated in 1989 and based in Albany, is a statewide nonprofit organization that strives to alleviate hunger in New York by promoting awareness of hunger, public policies that contribute to ending hunger, and participation in federal nutrition assistance programs such as SNAP, WIC, the Summer Food Service Program, the School Breakfast Program, and the Child and Adult Care Food Program.
Summary of position:
The Client Services Associate will provide superior client assistance via phone, text and email in Spanish and English. The Client Services Associate screens applicants for SNAP eligibility, provides application assistance to those who may be eligible and information about food resources in their area. The Client Services Associate is responsible for collecting and managing a high volume of client information in an Access database. The Client Services Associate will monitor and recommend improvements to the online prescreening tool as well as assist in completing monthly and quarterly progress reports. Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage a large number of inbound and outbound calls and emails with potential SNAP applicants in a timely manner
- Prescreen applicants for potential eligibility for SNAP
- Assist clients over the phone or via email with the SNAP application process including what to expect, different application options, and identifying what documents applicants will need for the application process
- Provide accurate and up-to-date information about SNAP
- Assist clients to complete and submit the SNAP application on their own
- Complete and submit SNAP applications on behalf of the client
- Refer people who need immediate food assistance to resources in their area
- Mail or email SNAP application and information packets to potentially eligible individuals
- Conduct follow-up contact with those assisted and help troubleshoot any difficulties encountered
- Update the Access database with all client interactions
- Assist with monthly and quarterly reports as necessary
The position necessitates a basic understanding of the role of federal nutrition programs in alleviating hunger. It is imperative that the candidate be able to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects, work with colleagues with ease, focus on details, and strive for excellence. Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and easily adapt to learning new technologies. It is preferred that the applicant have at least three years of relevant experience or an Associate’s Degree in human services or a related field. To be considered it is required that candidates have at least one year of direct human services experience, are bilingual in English and Spanish with strong written and oral communication skills, and reside in the state of New York.
Hunger Solutions New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to creating a culture that is rewarding to employees and provides each team member with the ability to continually grow and learn. Hunger Solutions New York is a champion of and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion among all stakeholders. Hunger Solutions New York recognizes the need for work/life balance and provides a flexible working environment for all employees. Office culture is casual and professional.
Compensation & benefits:
Hunger Solutions New York is committed to its employees and thusly provides a competitive compensation package. Salary will be commensurate with experience, but is expected to be $37K – $40K. Hunger Solutions New York offers fully paid benefit premiums including health, dental, life, short- and long-term disability, and a retirement plan that offers a 5% match (different vesting periods apply to each benefit and will be discussed as part of the interview process). A Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) may be available depending upon the health insurance package chosen. Additionally, Hunger Solutions New York offers a generous amount of vacation, sick and holiday time off to each employee.
To be considered for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to Jobs@HungerSolutionsNY.org. Please include “Client Services Associate” in the subject line of your email.