Kids and Teens Eat Free with Summer Meals!
The U.S. Department of Agriculture and the New York State Education Department partners in many local communities to serve meals when school is not in session. Where available, free, healthy meals are offered to all kids and teens—18 and under. It's food that is in when school is out. No paperwork or registration necessary. All are welcome to drop in for a summer meal!
You may also call the NYS 1-800-522-5006 toll free number to find an open site near you.
This map is created and administered by the New York State Education Department.
A full-screen version is available here.
Summer meals are here to make sure kids are eating right over the summer and ready to learn next school year. Summer meals may be available in your neighborhood to help you stretch your summer food budget.
Summer Meals Facts:
- Summer meals are free to all kids ages 18 and under.
- Meal sites are state-approved for health and safety.
- No paperwork or application is necessary – ALL are welcome.
- Many sites offer enrichment/educational/recreational activities.
- All meals served meet U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) federal nutrition guidelines.
- USDA reimburses local providers for summer meals served.
Call the NYS 1-800-522-5006 toll free number to find an open site near you.
Communities are in the process of identifying 2015 locations to serve summer meals and snacks. Are you interested in serving summer meals in your community? Click here for more information.